Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We're Back and Running Hard!

The MBA winter quarter has started with a vengeance. Those students who thought that that Fall quarter was busy are now longing for those days. They have really piled on the work in these first couple of weeks. My gut tells me that is will begin to balance out and be manageable, but that does nothing to help these first couple of weeks.
Adding to the workload is my preparation for the Wildcard VCIC event. Our team is leaving for Santa Clara tomorrow afternoon and will return late Friday night. We having been preparing fairly diligently of the past few weeks; tweaking our valuation methods and finalizing our strategy. While it could always be better, I feel good about our preparation and think we will represent well at the competition. If we place first, we will get to move on to the West coast regional.
As I have mentioned in my early posts, this is a school that I believe in and love its strategic vision for the future. I my opinion, this school was more attractive than many established MBA programs. But my research and real world reputation are two different things. By winning this wildcard and making a solid showing at the regional will go a long way to raising our national profile. I want to be a part of improving our national reputation.

No comments: