Friday, April 20, 2007

Wow! Facebook.com is exploding!

Lindsey has become a huge Facebook fan. Last month I went on the site to do some research in internet social networking. I had to do a brief registration to review the site, but I did not finalize the registration. This week I noticed that Facebook has exploded into the mainstream.
I guess, despite not finalizing my registration, anyone could learn that I registered on the site and I received a "friend" notice. After the first one, I went to the site to see how it changed and the number of people that I recognized had grown exponentially. People who I would have never expected to even be regular internet users are avid Facebook users!!?? This is all happened in about a month!
I am up to date with a lot of what is happening on the internet. Most is limited to people who like to be on the edge on the internet revolution. Very few sites get through to the masses like eBay and Amazon.com. Facebook looks to be crossing that barrier. I really congratulate that team. It is tough for a website to be a mass adopted site and they found their way to it.
This may be huge.

No comments: