Saturday, August 04, 2007

Week Four: THQ Internship

Week Four has gone by trouble free. It was the first time I felt a bit tired at the job. I generally get this feeling around the 1 month mark at most new positions. One takes in so much new information the mind just needs a break. The result is fatigue, but you push through it in a week or two.

This week has been spent better learning how to manage the Disney/Pixar relationship, writing the creative briefs, and summarizing the results of my data project studying "Teen"-rated and "E/E10+" children's games based on TV series. The data study has resulting in some unexpected results that I am confused, but excited to learn more about. As always I can't comment on a public blog, but the results indicate something contrary to conventional thinking.

The end of the week rocked with the Bourne Ultimatum free ticket to the premiere. It was a great way to end a tough week. After four weeks, like anyone, I have learned plenty. The video game industry is a fascinating industry as it is still very young and, only now, some companies, like THQ, are trying to transition to more sophisticated and mature management style. There is a lot of trial and error here, but atleast I can say, right or wrong, it is in the right direction.

No comments: