Saturday, September 22, 2007

Friday - Up The Central Californian Coast

The surprise is out. I'm taking Lindz up to San Francisco. I had a wonderful last day at THQ, but I wanted to get on the road early so we headed out at 4:30 into rain (yes, rain?) and heavy traffic going north on the 101. I planned to find a romantic spot to stop a few hours into the journey up the coast. I was very lucky to find the secluded ocean town of Avila Beach (just north of Pismo Beach) and the amazing Avila La Fonda hotel (By found them, I mean in advance using Obitz).

Avila La Fonda appears to a decent-sized hotel run by a kind family. The hotel is a block from the beach and immaculately decorated. They provide a great value for your vacation dollar here. It is so comfortable, I almost don't want to leave. I will be marking this down as a great weekend getaway. And PS: they have a good Costco discount.

Today we work our way up the coast with a goal of reaching San Francisco in the late afternoon. I think our hotel in SF charges $15/night for internet, so I may not be a frequent poster over the rest of the trip unless we find a wireless internet cafe.

The Drive Up the Coast


Avila La Fonda Hotel Room




The View From Our Balcony (ask for Room 210)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: