Sunday, March 02, 2008

2008 Oscars Red Carpet

At 8am Lindsey and I arrived to be seated in the fan bleachers right next to the red carpet. That was the beginning of a long day that did not see us depart until after 5pm.
We got assigned seating in the 3rd row of the bleachers directly across from where Regis was doing interviews so we had a pretty good view for the event. The crowd was full of celebrity-focused fans. When I saw them going bananas over Mary Hart I knew this was going to be a little crazy.
The one good thing about being seated near hyper-fans is that they make alot of noise and talk to the celebs like they are best friends. Now, normally I think this would make celebs run in the other direction, however on Oscar day many celebrities reward this devotion by talking back and signing autographs. So we had George Clooney and Viggo Mortensen come right up in front of us to sign autographs. Viggo was particularly kind as he stayed to sign autographs despite being late for the start of the show.
Lindsey decided she would be too short to take pictures, so that duty fell on me. So if you saw me on TV with a camera constantly in my face that is why - I was listening to my wife. Oddly enough I am also writing the blog post. She just sat and enjoyed. Below are some of the pictures.

No comments: