Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back in California Ready for Admit Weekend

I arrived into Irvine around 10pm this evening. Of course it is 1am EST, so I am zonked. The flights were smooth except for other passengers sitting in my section. The first leg had a young girl who drank heavily before getting on the plane, then once on the plane proceeded to ingest perscription pills until she passed out cold. She was seriously stoned. The next leg saw me in a fairly empty plane. For the bulk of the boarding time, I had my section to myself. Then, I see anther women coming towards me. She had a thin nose with bright blue eyes close together. That wouldn't have been a big deal if she just glanced around like most people, but she starred intently at one area at a time. It really freaked me out. I started praying "please don't let her sit here" and guess where she sat - next to me. She wasn't bad passenger; she just gave me the willies!

Upon arrival I tracked down the cab area. I read a list of shuttles and the Irvine Marriot was not on it. So I got a cab. When I told the cabbie I wanted to go tot he Irvine Marriot, he looked at me with scorn. Unbeknowst to me the Irvine Marriot does have a shuttle. While driving to the hotel, he went on a rant saying that he waits 3 hours in line to get one passenger and that passenger doesn't know there is a shuttle to the Marriot Irvine. I mentioned that it might not be the best earning strategy to wait in a 3 hour line to get one fare, but he wasn't impressed. The ride was still a $8 cab ride, but I guess that wasn't enough. Welcome to the OC?

Tomorrow, starts my reason of being here: UCI's Admit weekend. I hope to get a head start meeting some of my classmates by laying the foundation for some good future relationships. I am still debating if I want the optional school tour at 12pm. I think it will depend on how well rested I am (sidenote: I appologize for any typos, but it is now approaching 2:30am EST and I am spent). I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Toodles.

No comments: