Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Exams Are Done!

Yesterday, I finished my last exam and my project management group did its final presentation. I am officially done for the quarter. The exams were challenging, but I find that they really give you a lot of time to complete them. For example my accounting and stats exams were 2 1/2 and 3 hours respectively and IMO a fair time would have been 1 1/2 and 2 hours. Someone made a fair point that the additional time may be granted given the large proportion of international students and other students who do not have a numbers background. I am probably too much of a hard ass.
Kudos need to be doled out to my study group who made it easy to complete our assignments on time with meetings scheduled well in advance and professional discussions that always moved us forward. We seem to work well together. While we aren't the best of friends and hang out on a personal level, we do come together to get the task completed. We are still improving as a group and I am pretty sure we have not yet reached our potential. More Kudos need to go out to my project management team. I was the only 1st year in a class full of 2nd years and they welcomed me into their group. While the project wasn't the most memorable, we were able to punch it out and I expect we will get a good mark (An "A" maybe...).
I am now faced with over a month until next quarter begins. While I would like to reach out and start making some company contacts at my target companies, I fear that the Christmas season may make this difficult. I do remember one entrepreneur who told me he was very successful making sales contacts during Christmas because the workers would always be in the office, but they tended to be bored and were more willing to talk during an unsolicited phone call. I will let you know if he was right.

No comments: