Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It's our first Christmas without snow! Frankly, I don't miss it. Palm trees wrapped in Christmas lights work just fine for me.
Lindsey's mother arrived last Sunday and the two have been shopping ever since. They've shopped to the North, shopped to the South, Shopped to the East, and shopped to the west, looking for the clothes they like best! I have enjoyed the silence by reading a few books and actually playing my X-box for the first time since we arrived.
Thanks to Lindsey's mother we actually have quite a few presents under our tree. Without her, it was going to be a very thrifty Christmas since we are burning mass amounts of cash as part of this Southern California lifestyle.
Tonight will be a quiet evening and tomorrow we are preparing a nice turkey dinner. My family will be having their traditional Christmas Eve family fun night were they play games such as Trivia Pursuit and the like. It will be different to miss that, but I guess the sun and nice weather will have to comfort me.
Merry Christmas to all our friends and family from Lindsey and me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make the official announcement. The team of Sara and Michael won the Speirs Family Christmas Eve Trivial Pursuit game.

Anonymous said...

There wasn't a drop of snow in Toronto or London on Xmas or this past two weeks either.