Friday, February 08, 2008

Going to the Oscar Red Carpet


Lindsey put our names into a draw to sit in the bleachers along side of the red carpet entrance at this years Oscars. Somehow we were 2 of something like 300 people who were offered tickets! That means we will be up front a personal watching all the stars arrive to enter the theater on the 24th.
Unfortunately, enjoyment of this privilege demands we show up for 8am in the morning a stay there all day until everyone is in the theater. I am sure I will be pretty cranky by the end of the day, but how often do you get a chance like this?
The only risk to our day of fun is that the writer strike is still on, but we hear they may be near a deal. If all goes well, I am sure we will have great pictures to post.

2 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

A front-row seat to the red carpet at the Oscars? That's so awesome!! And you're exactly right, how often does anyone get a chance like that? So very cool...

Candes said...

Was just doing searches on the web for info on the bleacher seats. So far I found out some interesting bits of info and pics. Perhaps we could share what we have found?

I won my tix , airfare, and hotel a year ago from ABC. This is sooo exciting. But my husband wants to shoot me. Lol.... He hates me winning trips. Fortunate for him our arrval time is 10 AM. (Less suffering for him.) I can remember 6 AM beng mentined as the earliest time most folks breeze into the area. It sounds like getting through the streets will be difficult the later we go. I may start walking from the hotel at 8 AM. I am concerned about finding the meeting spot.

We will each get a goodybag, some free beverages, and lunch (and or?)breakfast.

There are more than 300 seats. Since there is also another "special area". I remember my seat being in the mid 300 range. Where is yours?