Thursday, June 19, 2008

End of the Road - Graduation

Twenty-one months comes pretty quick. Graduation was held last Sunday at UCI's Bren Events Center. The ceremony was only 2 hours, but had to show up at 7:30am in order to have class pictures. Of course 7:30am is California MBA code for we are taking pictures at 8:30am, but if we don't say 7:30am you would not show up until after convocation started.

The ceremony made everything official - I have now earned my MBA from a top U.S. university. It was a nice opportunity to thank all of my classmates and wish them luck.

That evening Lindsey, myself and my parents went out to Laguna Beach to celebrate. First we had a drink on the rooftop patio over Hotel La Casa del Camino which has an incredible view of the Pacific Ocean. After the drink, we headed downstairs to the K'Ya Restaurant for a nice dinner. The K'Ya is great because it offers small plate versions of their dishes allowing us to sample and share many different dishes. It was pretty good food and reasonable prices.

Now that the MBA is officially over this blog will transition to more of a family update blog. I will post two more posts on some final thoughts about doing an MBA and a comparison of the MBA to Law School. In the future, I will post about some alumni endeavors as they arise. If you are interested in following my views from a career perspective, I started a professional blog at www.mytechnologycompany.com.

No comments: