Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Don't Stop Moving

Late dinner followed by an early morning. We've just arrived in Irvine and I haven't been able to catch my breath. Even worse, poor Lindsey has been sitting alone in a sparsely furnished apartment since we've arrived.

What was so important that I woke up and headed to the rec centre (the ARC) by 8:30am? It was pretty cool. The Merage Fellows were treated to an action, adventure, team-building experience. In the morning we participated in some activities at the ARC including a climb up a indoor rock climbing wall. Pulling up all 225 lbs of my out-of-shape self was pretty rough and, I sure, even less appealing for everyone else to watch, but I got up there.

In the afternoon, we went out to the Newport Aquatic Center to go sea kayaking through the back bay and around the balboa island penninsula right by the ocean. When started with an approximately mile and a half kayak through some of the richest coast homes one could ever see. The homes were pretty massive and their docked boats were even larger.

At the end of trek, we were treated to a great lunch and a few teamwork games. Lunch was a brief respite from our calling journey back. In the kayak we saw a large seal sunning itself on the rear of a boat. We past within 15 feet of the seal and he gave us a little snort.

I made it back home by a little after 4pm, bone exhausted. I think I was asleep by 8pm.

2 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Yeah, those team-building events are usually fun, and the bit about the seal was fascinating.

Canada-US MBA said...

The seal was very cool. We were really close.