Sunday, October 22, 2006

How are Classes?

The question I most often hear is "how are the classes?" It is a difficult one to answer because we only about one month in and my classes are the from the first semester, which generally are "foundation" classes. These classes set the foundation for the remainder of the term. Therefore, they are generally not overly challenging, but are very important because if I don't understand these courses it could hurt future courses.

The best way to describe the classes is that there is a lot of quantity, but the quality is not very challenging. This is not to say the quality of the classes are not excellent. They are great. It is only that they don't push your mind to the next level (as they shouldn't). The homework keeps me busy; the workload is very similar to a full time job. Thankfully, coming from the business world and being an entrepreneur I am easily keeping up with the work demands.

Overall, I am enjoying my classes. I am learning about finanical statements and refreshing my statistics knowledge. It is great to get some fundemental knowledge that links to my work experience. There were many times when I looked at a client financial statment and knew there was something wrong with an area. Now, I am putting some theory behind my instincts.

No comments: